Subject: Re: RIP Jon Vickers, 7/11/2017
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:31:38 +0000

No doubt Vickers was one of the greatest tenors and operatic stage actors of the past century. His Otello, Florestan, Sigmund, Samson and Canio were, indeed, a privilege to hear live. From articles I have read, Vickers seemed at times to be a flawed personality who could be very nasty towards other singers, for various reasons. No one is perfect, and whatever his personality flaws, the operatic world was a better place with he being one of it's greatest performers.