Subject: Anna Moffo - Addenda
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:37:18 -0400

In fairness to her memory, I should note two other roles
that I forgot to mention yesterday - Liu and Pamina, both
truly excellent.

She sang Liu at the Premiere of the Nilsson, Corelli, Stokowski
"Turandot" in 1961, and was their equal in every way. Her two great
scenes were among the most memorable in my long history.

Her Pamina was the highlight of a "Zauberflote" revival that
was otherwise quite forgettable, and in the case of Gianna
D'Angelo's Quee of the Night, quite unfortunate.  Her
intonation was unbearable, and she was removed from at least
one subsequent performance. Moffo, however, was exquisite!
She was, in her prime, a great Mozart interpreter.

Bob