Subject: Re: La Rondine /Daniele Barioni
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:08:37 +0000

You  forgot to identify  the Ruggero of   Daniele Barioini,  who's contribution to the   Moffo "Rondine" recording equal hers (IMHO).
At his best, Barioni  was considered by Bing as  Del Monaco's successor.
To my ears, he had one of the most beautiful lyrico spinto tenors voices.
Pay attention to his two glorious high B's (B flats?)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dicGpzhznNg

Miguel
PS Barioni retired early after the death of his only 12 years old child