Subject: Re: La Rondine CD
From: Maxwell Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:24:08 -0700

Angela Gheorghiu seemed to find a particularly strong identification with the character of Magda. She looked and sounded perfect in productions with art deco settings. I think the EMI recording is superb.

Moffo creates a character who not only sounds beautiful but who also sounds warm, human and very lovable.

CBS' first CD issues of opera didn't have tracks within acts. I don't know if it was lack of insight of what customers would want or limitations on the CD authoring software package (some early software produced small but audible gaps between tracks) they initially used. A reissue of that Maazel set (which doesn't seem to have been done) would surely redo this.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPhone