Subject: Re: La Rondine CD
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:22:30 -0700

There is a new DVD with Dinara Alieva (gorgeous voiced soprano from the
Caucasus) and Charles Castronuovo.  They both have big noses but sing
beautifully.  From the Deutsche Oper Berlin and directed by Rolando
Villazon.  They are a wonderful pair.  There is also a wonderful Rondine
with Rosanna Carteri.  Giuseppe Gismondo is the Ruggero and Gino
Sinemberghi is the incredible Prunier.  I think he would have been a
terrific Ruggero.  Its from the Teatro San Carlo di Napoli and Vincenzo
Bellezza is the conductor.   Its in mono/BW but a terrific performance.
Carteri is visually and vocally stunning.

Donald