Subject: Re: La Rondine CD
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:11:14 -0400

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM, donald kane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How long ago was it that the Met revived LA RONDINE?  That would be
> the Video you refer to with Gheorghiu, wouldn't it?    I thought at the
> time
> that it was one of the most perfect productions I had seen there in many
> years.

Yes, that's the one! It was shown in HD, now available on demand as well as
DVD. I've just checked the date and the HD transmission was in January
2009. The splendid Art Deco style production was indeed perfect. The CD set
with Gheorghiu and Alagna was done about a decade earlier, when Alagna was
in a somewhat better vocal shape, with Pappano conducting. I think both the
CD and DVD deserve the highest recommendations.

Best, Vesna