Subject: Re: La Rondine CD
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:24:47 -0400

The Moffo and Gheorghiu CD sets would be my choices as well. I can't
recommend the CBS (Sony) with Te Kanawa and Domingo because, for reasons
that are unclear to me and I haven't yet read any review explaining it, it
was issued with only three tracks, each corresponding to an individual act.
Sonically it might be an improvement over the old RCA with Moffo but not
interpretively to my ears and it's also marred by this decision to issue it
without separate tracks for individual numbers.

On video, Gheorghiu is again a wonderful Magda and so is Carteri and the
entire ensemble on a vintage black-and-white live recoding from Naples,
1958. Very charming.

Vesna