Subject: Re: La Rondine CD
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:55:34 -0400

The Moffo "Rondine" is excellent, one of her best recordings.  Her smoky lyric soprano is
perfect for the part and the voice had not yet started to come apart.  Good supporting cast,
too, with the great comprimario Piero de Palma a stand-out as Prunier.  I'm not really wild
about the opera and have not listened to other recordings and so cannot say that the Moffo is
"The Best."  But I don't think you can go wrong with that one.  you can audition the entire
thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYFdijO0yTE

I've also read good reports about the Love Couple recording under Pappano.  The opera
seems a good fit for Gheorghiu and Alagna.

MDW