Subject: Regina Resnik documentary to premiere on CUNY TV
From: Michael Philip Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:56:59 +0000

NEWS from Remi Arts, Inc.

CUNY TV to premiere Regina Resnik documentary
Dear Friends:

I wantedto share the good news that our documentary, Regina Resnik: New York Original, will premiere this fall on CUNYTV (City University of New York public television), produced by ournot-for-profit corporation, Remi Arts, Inc. Ms. Resnik (who was my mother) andI founded Remi Arts in 1997; the new documentary film coincides with our 20thanniversary season.

ReginaResnik: New York Original traces mymother’s 70-year career as international opera star, Tony-nominated actress,stage director, filmmaker and Jewish cultural figure, and featureson-screen interviews with Martina Arroyo, Teresa Stratas, Harold Prince,Joel Grey, Richard Bonynge and Zubin Mehta. Denyce Graves is the narrator.Ms. Arroyo has graciously agreed to appear on camera to introduce the film onCUNY TV. I wrote,produced and co-directed.

The documentary includes rare audio clips of mymother’s soprano career, including the Major Bowes Amateur Hour from1937 and 1939; Tosca and Trovatore off theradio, and from the Met, the Macbeth aria (Met Auditions of theAir), Fidelio, Donna Anna, Donna Elvira, Rosalinda; from Bayreuth,Sieglinde; from The Goldbergs, Musetta. Among themezzo-soprano video clips from Carmen, Falstaff, Elektra and ALittle Night Music is a never-before-seen Card Scene,Berlin TV, 1961. Among the rare home movies I have supplied is unique footageof Bayreuth, 1953. (Even the Bayreuth Festival has nothing in color from thatperiod.) A unique 70-year career to be preserved on film!

As aresult of CUNY TV’s commitment, we are embarking on our final fundraisingcampaign. We would be honored if you would consider a fully tax-deductiblecontribution of any amount toward our remaining budget of $37,500, whichincludes major licensing fees (such as The Metropolitan Opera, UniversalRecords and Live From Lincoln Center)and final production costs. Your gift would help ensure the completion of thefilm for CUNY TV and for posterity.

Our pastand current foundation sponsors include The John and Evelyn Kossak Foundation,The Ledler Foundation, The Jerome Robbins Foundation and The Frederick LoeweFoundation. The Kossak and Loewe Foundations have pledged again for 2017, andwe recently received a $5,000 first-time gift from The Liebergesell Foundation.

If youwould consider helping us by contributing at any level, we would be verygrateful. (If this is not a good time, no problem!) You might also enjoy artwork of my mother that is partially tax deductible: please click on http://remiarts.org/store.html and http://remiarts.org/store2.html

To donate to Remi Arts:

Online: http://remiarts.org/donate.html

By check: Payable to Remi Arts, Inc., and mail to:

Remi Arts, Inc.

PO Box 630219

Bronx, NY 10463

Thanks for considering my request, and bestregards,

Michael

Michael Philip Davis
President & Executive Director, Remi Arts, Inc.2575 Palisade Avenue, Suite 10CBronx, NY 10463-16147www.remiarts.org