Subject: Re: Cetra CD reissues. Some more.
From: "Takis Pavl." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:13:03 +0000

I like the bite in Gobbi's voice and its colour but the voice dried out faster than Di Stefano's. Most of the time he sounds like he's shouting and intonation is often a problem because of the flatness of his vocal production. Annoyingly the shouting makes his Scarpia sound one-dimensional to me. This guy could never charm Tosca, he's just a bully. London and Taddei were far more convincing exactly because of their cantante qualities. One of my favourite Tosca performances is from Buenos Aires in 1953 where he joins Tebaldi and Bergonzi.  Takis

|  | Απαλλαγμένο από ιούς. www.avast.com  |