Subject: Re: Leontyne Price online?
From: walter guitian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Jul 2017 02:43:46 +0000

Mr Winter,   Thanks for letting me know that you and another posters of the group have me in mind, it seems that although they criticize me, it seems that at least they have the doubt whether it is true or not, what this now baptized "Size Queen" says.For me the main problem of american soprano Leontyne Price is not if her voice was huge , or large or ordinary size.Logically if a singer wants to sing the dramatic repertoire and has a small voice is ridiculous but if she/he has a fair volume but the voice is heard well can be a great singer, the first thing in a singer is the musicality.Being a perfect Aida , for example speaking of the role Aida, is not about how if Leontyne Price sang the role for 25 years of if she lacked a bit of volume in the 2nd act ensembles or if the C in "O patria mia" is perfectly focused or less focused, the main problem of Price is her phrasing is not even acceptable to speak of a perfect Aida. This "Size Queen Guitián" would not even say that her voice lacks power for the role,  that is not a problem, yes it's problem for me that her voice is opaque and that the first octave of her voice is without focus, this plus unpresentable phrasing and false taste interpretation.
Walter