Subject: Re: Anna Moffo - Addenda
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:45:34 -0400

A friend of mine saw Moffo’s Mélisande, sitting next to a rather elderly lady.  At intermission, she rose from her seat, grasped her solid silver-handled cane and said in a scraggly voice “She’s no Maggie Teyte!”  IMHO, Moffo’s act V was very moving.

Unlike  most Yniolds, Stratas sounded appropriately child-like, one of my two favorites, the other being Flore Wend, who would have been a perfect Mélisande, both visually and vocally.

Donald