Subject: Re: Film and Opera
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Jul 2017 20:11:37 -0400

To me no operatic character exhibits "If I only had a brain..." more than
Radames

Consider:  *"...*E a te, mia dolce Aida, tornar di lauri cinto… Dirti: per
te ho pugnato e per te ho vinto!"

In other words, "Dear Aida, I come to you in triumph after fighting your
countrymen - I've defeated (slaughtered?) YOUR people JUST for YOU!" (love
and kisses - R. )

Nice Guy...Fast forward, Radames would be a lovely Secretary of Defense
in Pharaoh Trump's regime...