Subject: Re: Cetra CD reissues. Some more.
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Jul 2017 16:53:52 -0400

The TURANDOT with Cigna, Merli, and Olivero was my first complete opera
on vinyl: three lps, which I purchased together with a collection of
Viennese operetta featuring Roswaenge and Della Casa, and a 10 incher of
the Mozart
Clarinet Concerto, a package of five that entitled me to a a free 33 and
 1/3rd
rpm player, courtesy of Sam Goody, way over on 9th Ave.  Thus it all began.
Except for Eva Turner's famous excerpt, TURANDOT was virtually unknown in
those days; so it was a great discovery for me, and was soon followed by the
TRITTICO set.  I still consider them both to be cornerstone Puccini,
together
with the three previously recorded Gigli sets, and the Callas/DeSabata
TOSCA.

dtmk.