Subject: Getting Opera Singer Bios Published
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Jul 2017 15:08:35 -0400

Several people have commented, on different threads, about the difficulties in getting
biographies of opera singers published.  (Hardly surprising given the state of our culture.)  A
question (as I know nothing about the publishing industry): is it possible to do such
publications by private subscription - in other words, get people to pay up front by "ordering"
a copy of the book, and then publish based on the level of "subscribers?"  I know that Walter
Legge did this with his Wolf lieder series in the 30s.  Granted, that was a long time ago, but is
such a thing possible today?  Personally, I would be willing to fork over a lot for Burrough's
Milanov bio or a similar bio on Price by a knowledgeable author.

MDW