Subject: Re: Singers taking multiple roles in operas
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Jul 2017 14:58:26 -0400

Donald Levine wrote:

"I would suspect that Jamie Barton was supremely good as Waltraute and as Fricka."

She was indeed.  I heard her in both roles in Houston.   Her Waltraute this past May was the
vocal highlight of the performance.  And in Walkure two years ago, her Fricka was better than
Karita Mattila's Sieglinde.  She is a splendid singer.  At the Tucker Gala last October, Barton
really stood out among some of the not-as-good other singers as a great voice; the impact
and presence of her sound was immediately noticeable.

MDW