Subject: Re: Kaufman in Otello… NY Times:
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:53:21 -0400

I wonder if these formants are the same as what some call harmonics? I recall Gheorghiu
remarking that she constantly tries to maximize the harmonics sounding in the tone she
produces. In addition to making her voice beautiful this might explain how her voice which
some call small can fill a hall in a verismo opera.