Subject: Cetra CD reissues?
From: Christopher Weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Jul 2017 10:24:54 -0400

I see on Amazon that the many of old Cetra opera recordings are available on
CD.  In my prehistoric youth I had only a couple of these on LP, so I'm
wondering:

(a) how is the sound quality?  Do we know if they're taken from the original
tapes or just processed from LP sets?

(b) which of these sets are people's favorites?  Any indispensable
performances here?  any definitely to avoid?

Thank you!

Christopher Weimer