Subject: Re: Leontyne Price online?
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Jul 2017 11:32:54 -0700

Unfortunately, I think its the same problem as with the Milanov biography.
In the USA, the interest among publishers is just not there.  Both careers,
especially Milanov's are so long gone and Price, even with her prominence
in the early civil rights movement, is also a victim of time and perhaps
her own reticence.  Most opera singer bio's seem to be coming out of Europe
and although Price's early years had many European triumphs, it was a US
based career for its final years.  I don't know the answer, I'm just making
conjectures.