Subject: Re: Emmy Bettendorf sings Wagner
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Jul 2017 06:09:29 -0400

According to Kutsch - Riemens, prone to errors, she was born
in Frankfurt in 1895 and died in Berlin in 1963.

She sang in Frankfurt, Schwerin and Berlin in Germany, and outside of
its borders, very little - Holland, Madrid and Barcelona are
mentioned, and that's about it. Not much!

She was, however, a very popular recording artist and made sides
for a number of companies, including Vox, Homocord, Polydor and
Parlophon. The notations indicate that "her beautiful voice is heard on
recordings in a broad repertoire".And that's about it.

Bob