Subject: Vagaries of Love
From: Roger Brunyate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 4 Jul 2017 19:05:40 -0400

I'm planning another opera course, this time entitled "Vagaries of Operatic Love." Many of
the vagary topics will be obvious (thwarted love, love against the odds, seductions,
adulteries, and so on), but I am especially looking for things to fill out the picture around
the edges:

-- Married love; anything that celebrates marriage without adultery coming into it.

-- Mature love; anything where the lovers are not young and headstrong.

-- Platonic love; any clear love relationship that is nonetheless not physical.

-- Same-sex love; gay relationships other than those created by travesty casting.

All ideas welcome! Ideally, the examples will run from Monteverdi through Adès. Roger.

Modify your settings: