Subject: Re: Remembering Beverly Sills on 10th Death Anniversary
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 4 Jul 2017 09:15:21 -0700

What a great way to start the 4th and to remember Beverly Sills.  My first
exposure to "All the thing you are" was on the radio - yes remember that?
When I was growing up in the mid-late sixties, there were actually radio
programs that celebrated song, opera and classical music.  I heard this
song first in a recording by the great John Charles Thomas - talk of
knowing how to deliver the American Song Book.  When I started singing,
this was one of the first songs I learned and continued to sing, first as a
baritone and later of course as a tenor.  I used to take the high option at
the end but learned to prefer it as written.

Happy 4th to everyone and lets remember Beverly and of course the great
Regine Crespin.  They died days apart, Sills on the 2nd and Crespin on the
5th.  One 80, one 79 and both great losses.  Great artists and treasured
memories from my first exposure to Opera and after.

Donald