Subject: Re: Die Gezeichneten
From: RONALD MAGNUSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Jul 2017 13:40:43 -0400

> It was a Warlikowski production and mice are back!

He had a few good ideas that resonated well with the text and some good stage management of the singers, but for the most part I found the jarring disconnect with the libretto and music quite disconcerting.  I found myself trying to figure out what the activity of the stage was trying to convey to the point that I was not focusing of the musical performance.  It was as if I don't speak German and was reading a poor translation of what was being sung.  I do not want a barrier between me and the performance.  For me, a good production must enhance what the music and text are conveying.

Ron Magnuson