Subject: Re: Singers taking multiple roles in operas
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Jul 2017 09:21:30 -0400

On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 14:32:18 -0700, Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ludwig live at the Met was indeed every bit as magnificent as Waltraute as she is on both
those recordings.  And she kept the quality up at an age where most of her contemporaries
were verging on being voiceless. I believe she was in her early sixties at the time of her last
Ring Cycle at the Met. <

It was April 1993, as Fricka in Walkure - she was 65, and still sounded terrific.  That was the
only time I ever heard her live, and I was thankful to have had that opportunity.

Bill