Subject: Re: Gay Pride Operas
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:18:48 -0400

I agree with the previous posters about some questionable inclusions though
don't want to criticize the article because the intentions are honorable,
except to say that the list curiously omits some openly gay themes or
characters such as, already mentioned, HARVEY MILK and DEATH IN VENICE. For
characters, we can also add Countess Geschwitz in LULU, the first openly
gay character in any opera (someone please correct me if there are earlier
examples). Or perhaps it would be a good occasion to celebrate those
musicians and composers who made strides toward the culture of tolerance in
many ways, including LGBT.

Vesna