Subject: Re: Gay Pride Operas
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Jun 2017 06:55:11 -0700

Norma a dyke?  Hmmm.  I would never have gone there.
Don Carlos?  Sure, maybe the boys played around.
Ditto Lenski and Onegin.  Peut-etre.
Rosenkavalier?  Maybe off stage but isn't supposed to be Oktavian a guy???
Am I missing something here?

Gayness seethes from Billy Budd and maybe even Peter Grimes.  Death in
Venice, d'accord!

Interesting list.  I've done the Paris Pride Parade and it's aftermath a
few times.  My favorite Parade in Europe was in Brussels about 8 or 9 years
ago.  I encountered it quite by accident while having un peu de cafe on Le
Grand Place.  That was fun.  No politics.  No agenda, at least that year,
just plain fun.

Donald