Subject: Caruso favorites
From: Amaury Leclerc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Jun 2017 23:07:22 -0400

Caruso seems to be generally accepted as THE great tenor. However, no one can
be the best at absolutely everything (can they?). I just listened to his aria from
Pearl Fishers "Mi par udir" (Je crois entendre). It doesn't seem like the best
repertory for his type voice to me, though I realize he's perfection in all things to
many.
So my question is, what is your favorite (or your favorites plural) Caruso
recording? The thing that best defines his greatness.