Subject: Re: Kurt Baum
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Jun 2017 16:29:40 -0400

It is written somewhere that Baum asked for, and got, permission
from Strauss to add an extra high note to "Di rigori . . ."

The L.A. Times interview reveals a man of considerable sensitivity
and good humor, not the clueless divo his detractors are in the habit
of portraying.

I remember buying the LOHENGRIN duet when it was new, and
wishing that more Wagner would be forthcoming from Baum.

dtmk