Subject: Re: Baum..but.......
From: daaaac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:39:20 -0400

Milanov is said to have said, standing backstage waiting to go on in Trovatore and the Inez whispers something to her; Milanov shushed her, saying, “Quiet!  Baum is serenading me.”

Which reminds me: Milanov was asked on a broadcast intermission (?) to tell the story of Il trovatore.  She replied “How can I?  I only sing vun role!”.

As Varnay once said “Milanov stories…. they abound."

Donald