Subject: Re: Baum
From: Arbe Bareis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Jun 2017 20:05:29 +0000

Except for the flat high Cs in the 1945 Met Trovatore, I think he is not bad as Manrico (definitely the weakest in the solid cast, but still good)...Yes, there could be a bit more musicality etc. I also think he is pretty good in the Lohengrin duet with Helen Traubel on Columbia. He may not have been the greatest tenor ever, but he had some good moments. He wasn't a "Bum."