Subject: Re: Kaufman in Otello… NY Times:
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:36:05 +0000

After reading that review, I listened to various Kaufman performances on You Tube. There are times when I really like him, but sometimes, his vocal fluctuations can be annoying. In some arias he can overdo the falsetto or soft sound and then sound almost like a baritone.  I really wish I had the chance to see him live to really know the sound and size of his voice. Oh well, perhaps my ears were not interested in opera tonight-LOL!