Subject: Re: Tebaldi and Baum/Met Archives
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Jun 2017 18:17:37 +0200

He evidently said after the famous high E in the triumphal scene "You
will never sing at the Met!" In any case they did sing together again,
andf in Aida, in the coronation week ceremonies at Covent Garden in
London. That performance is widely available. You have to put up with
Baum, who actually isn't all that terrible, the voice just isn't very
p0retty. But as atradeoff you get Simionato as Amneris.

David