Subject: Tebaldi and Baum/Met Archives
From: David Shengold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:03:13 +0000

" I wonder how Tebaldi lucked out, and to my knowledge never had to share a stage with him.  "

Les, does it never occur to you to consult the Met's wonderful Online Archives? You are far from alone in this tendency hereabouts and I admit I just don't understand why people make statements like this without consulting them. It took me about 20 seconds to find the below.
There would seem to be a certain pride in winging it and asserting what could so easily be checked...
It might be interesting to ask Mignon Dunn-- happily, still very much with us-- her recollections of this performance - not that she's onstage much when Alvaro is.

Cheers - David

Metropolitan Opera HouseMarch 23, 1960

LA FORZA DEL DESTINO {98}
Giuseppe Verdi--Francesco Maria Piave

Leonora.................Renata Tebaldi
Don Alvaro..............Kurt Baum
Don Carlo...............Mario Sereni
Padre Guardiano.........William Wilderman
Preziosilla.............Mignon Dunn
Fra Melitone............Gerhard Pechner
Marquis de Calatrava....Louis Sgarro
Curra...................Carlotta Ordassy
Trabuco.................Alessio De Paolis
Surgeon.................Roald Reitan

Conductor...............Kurt Adler