Subject: Re: Kaufmann/Heppner parallel
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:30:48 +0000

1)Both started as lyric tenors
2)Both transitioned as Helden Tenors  (Heppner was the Tristan of choice at the peak of his career)
3)Both incursioned    as spinto/dramatic tenors  in the Italian and French repertoires
4)Both sang Otello
We know what happened to Hepner's voice  after the Otellos
Hope that Kaufmann survives this killing role that Caruso and Corelli avoided
Miguel de Virgilio