Subject: Re: Question about Callas Letter
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:39:41 -0400

David: Although I am in the throes of inundating myself with Callas books
galore (thanks to an Opera-L buddy), I have not as yet gotten this one.
However, with the help of discovering her type of "Callas-speak", that
phrase says the same thing to me just in a different way.  It means she
bettered a flat to a sharp to the consternation of Baum (the jerk!)

Modify your settings: