Subject: Re: orchestration and tuning (diapason)
From: Jean Michel Pennetier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:53:09 +0200

I haven’t a perfect pitch. If I’m exposed to an aria alone, “Che gelida manina” or “Nessun dorma”, I certainly won’t be able to tell if it's transposed down or not. It's easier during a performance : you "know" when the tenor is transposing down “La Pira” and usually you can feel the lack of brightness.
But for belcanto, it’ a completely different story for me : I'm usually shocked by a transposition : in many Puritani’s last act for example.
In other words, are there works, composers, styles that support better transposition than others ?

Modify your settings: