Subject: Re: Toscaitis?
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:48:44 -0400

Opolais impressed with her histrionic talent,  not with her vocal quality.
Gelb obviously thought that he had the right soprano for most of the Puccini
major lyric or spinto roles and she has been listed for the Trittico for
the Met for a future season.  I think that now he realizes that it was a
mistake.  Unfortunately Nelsons who expected to spend most of next December
and January in New York with his wife and daughter has to decide what to do.
He in Boston recently stated that he was very sad that he doesn't get to see
his daughter often enough.  Either Kristine spends that time in New York just
attending his Met appearances or seeks engagements elsewhere without him.

Angelo from Boston