Subject: Odyssey Opera
From: Angelo Mammano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:39:48 -0400

I received the Odyssey Opera announcement in the mail today.  They are
calling it Trial By Fire - Joan of Arc and the Hundred Years' War.  There are
five offerings starting with The Maid of Orleans with Kate Aldrich and
ending with Giovanna d'Arco.  It is quite an adventurous season with other
works by Donizetti, Dello Joio and Honegger.  How many other companies
exist by bypassing standard rep?  The Maid I am looking forward to seeing
again as I bought a piano/vocal score many years ago and have seen it
staged by WNO with Freni. It is major Tchaikovsky.

Angelo from Boston