Subject: Re: Tosca and high Cs
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Jun 2017 09:36:10 -0700

There have been many notable mezzo-soprano's singing Lady Macbeth, among
them Elisabeth Hongen, Christa Ludwig, Martha Modl (when she was still a
mezzo), the aforementioned Irene Dalis, Fiorenza Cossotto, the two falcon's
Grace Bumbry and Shirley Verrett (neither fish nor fowl - I love the both
btw) and of course, Dolora Zajick.  I am sure there have been many more but
that is just off the top of my head.

Donald