Subject: Re: Tosca and high Cs
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Jun 2017 06:25:32 -0400

Geoffrey

I doubt that, outside of Turandot, any of the operas you name have
5 top Cs. She sang lots of other roles with high Cs or higher, including,
Ballo with at least four, Aegyptische Helen, Dalibor and Nabucco.

I saw her in every opera you mentioned and in all I mentioned
except Helen. I was at the second performace of Medea in Vienna
and thought she was totally out of her element. Too low!

In any case, this is all an illustration of how rare are soprano
roles with 5 or more top Cs, or higher. They are very few!

Bob