Subject: Re: Hvorostovsky's last concert
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:33:22 -0400

Thanks for the link to the Hvorostovsky koncert.

Maybe I am blind and/or deaf (and, of course, I do not understand any Russian) - but I did
not think that Mr Hvorostovsky looked much worse than he did at the recent Met surprise
appearance - and he also did not sound much different.

If he fell, then, surely, there is nothing very dramatic about him having a one arm in a
sling?

And if he got emotional, is that not normal, no matter if he (as seems to be the consensus
on Opera-L) is at death's door or "only" fighting the horrible illness that is cancer (I know it
quite well, having lost both my parents and one very good friend, the latter when he was
only in his thirties, from cancer).

Again, maybe if one understand Russian, the impression might be different - but I did not
find the clips that difficult to watch (after already seeing a visibly changed Hvorostovsky at
the Met in May).

Of course, I wish Mr Hvorostovsky all the best and I hope I do not seem callous - I just
thought I would give my (apparently very different) take on the short clips.

Kind regards and many prayers for Mr Hvorostovsky

Ulrik