Subject: Re: Tosca in General
From: Buoso Donati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:09:02 -0400

My opera going days began in the mid 70s, a time when Bumbry and Verrett
were both delving into soprano territory.

I share you're opinion about Bumbry as Tosca.

She had the notes, but was unable to do much more than produce them.

IMO, Verrett was more successful at "transitioning", but it was still a
compromise.

Although, I have to wonder how Cossotto would have fared in soprano territory.
To my knowledge she never attempted it.