Subject: Tosca and high Cs
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:54:44 -0400

By the way, it was mentioned that Tosca has "just" five high Cs.
Very few other lyrico/spinto roles have as many.

I took a look at Leonie's repertoire, she of the legendary top

The following roles have no high Cs (or higher) -

Elsa, Elisabeth, Sieglinde, Kundry, Senta, Walkuere Brunnhilde ;-),
Elizabetta di Valois, Desdemona, the Forza Leonora, Salome,
Chrysothemis, Ariadne, Marschallin and Fidelio. (I won't swear
to Kundry, but I think that's right). I could be missing a few, but
that isn't the point.

Of her other oft performed roles, only the Kaiserin, as far as I know,
has as many, and Turandot may, but there aren't many.

Five is a lot by any measure!

Modify your settings: