Subject: Re: Tosca in General
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:51:12 -0400

On the very last Met tour many moons ago the opening night opera

was Tosca with Bumbry, Bartolini and with Badea on the podium.

She walked through the performance , everything was sung with the

same level of dynamics - loud- and she rarely bothered to interact with

the others on stage.  This was here in Boston.  She of course has had

and is still having a great career as singer and as master class teacher

as she proved in one that I attended at Boston U.

Someone else not mentioned is Maralin Niska who was a very good Tosca

here with Gedda.  And for that matter what about Tucci who was also a

Tosca with a beautiful lyric voice.

Angelo from Boston