Subject: Re: Tosca in general
From: William Fiorelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Jun 2017 22:24:07 +0000

Both Albanese and Kirsten, lyric sopranos who sang Tosca,   had the necessary solid middle registers.  Albanese never sang  strong chest tones- either she did not have a strong chest register or was being careful in not using it. Kirsten did have a strong chest register. They both also had a good sense of Puccini's style.  I have heard other sopranos who may have had bigger voices whom I did not care for as Tosca ( Behrens, Mattila, Voigt) due to their lack of Puccini style and non Italianate vocal timbre.
Albanese and Rysanek praised Tebaldi's TOSCA on a documentary.  Tebaldi was also Nora London's ( George's wife) favorite TOSCA.
BILL