Subject: Re: Tosca in general
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Jun 2017 18:03:04 -0400

With all due respect to Mr. Ponti (whose comments I hold in high esteem), Maria Callas sang
Tosca 13 times between 1950 and 1958.  Then all the rest were in 1964 and 1965 (a total of
18).  She never sang it in 1953, 1955, or 1957.  The 13 were nothing more than a couple
here and there (four at the Met, 2 in Mexico City, 3 in Genoa (of all places in 1954), and a
grand total of five in 1950.
     She said in several interviews I heard that "I really never cared for it that much and
avoided it as much as I could".
     This is my second post today, and I'm done.  There's a "Sharknado" marathon on TV and
I need something brainless in my life.

Modify your settings: