Subject: Re: Opera Depot - Question
From: Mike Leone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Jun 2017 01:12:12 -0500

The summaries of the recordings are very honest as to sound quality.  Also there is always a free download available, so that is one way to check sound quality.  I think Opera Depot is at least the equal of others who deal in private opera recordings.

I highly recommend starting with my latest discovery, the 1953 Remington Aida with Mary Curtis-Verna who is self-recommending, Oralia Dominguez who was in the 1951 Mexico City Aida, Umberto Borsò, one of the many wonderful "also-ran" tenors of the period, and Ettore Bastianini in, I believe his first studio recording.  I found a review online that considers it at least the equal of the Decca Aida with Tebaldi and del Monaco, an opinion with which I fully concur.

Mike Leone

Ecco il Leone!

Sent from my iPhone