Subject: Re: Toscaitis?
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Jun 2017 18:41:33 -0400

I heard Gheorgs live in a Covent Garden "Adriana" this past Feb  from the
10th row of the Stalls and found her voice to be microscopic - with the
rest of a very good cast (a plush, stentorian Brian Jagde holding back, a
knock out Principessa from Ksenia Dudnikova, and a most sensitive Michonnet
delivered by Gerard Finley)  tip toeing around Madam's deficiencies.  Her
stage deportment was rather like watching Norma Desmond playing Salome and
her curtain calls a master class of a 50+ year old woman playing 20....The
MET has not lost much in the scarcity of her appearances - outside of those
deliciously absurd curtain calls....