Subject: Re: Hvorostovsky's last concert
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:45:12 -0400

Donald Kane wrote:

"How thunderstruck we all were at the time this incredible video first appeared.  Was any
award ever more richly deserved?"

And let's not forget that that Cardiff competition included Bryn Terfel, who apparently missed
winning by a whisker.  Imagine that - two of the greatest baritones of the past 30 years going
head to head in the same competition!  Personally I think Hvor deserved the prize - that
incredible breath span in "Io morro ma lieto in core" was reason enough - but that must have
been a tough call for those judges.

MDW