Subject: Re: Rita Hunter as Norma
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:28:16 -0700

I agree with Bob.  I think the basic problem with Hunter's Norma at the Met
was negotiating that set with its steps and ups and downs.  As I remember,
von Stade's Adalgisa was also about two or three sizes too small,
especially against Hunter who as Bob mentioned, really did modulate her
massive instrument.  The San Francisco Norma's were really good, better
than New York.  As a Wagnerian Norma, she was leagues ahead of Jane Eaglen.

Donald